Auto Insurance in La Habra, CA
Whether you have an electric, hybrid or standard car, you need to have the right auto insurance policy to help protect you financially if you experience a covered loss. At DRD Insurance Agency, we know that navigating the insurance world can be complex. Our priority is ensuring you have a robust car insurance policy that gives you the protection you need at a price you can afford. Call us today to learn more about what auto insurance offerings may be available.
What Is Auto Insurance?
An auto insurance policy provides a layer of financial protection in case you’re involved in a car accident or your vehicle is stolen or damaged. Depending on the coverage you’ve purchased, your policy can help you pay for your vehicle’s repairs, medical expenses, and damages or injuries for which you may be liable. You may also be able to add coverage options to your policy to extend the scope of your coverage.
How Much Auto Insurance Is Enough?
A primary component to ensuring you’re adequately insured is fully understanding your auto insurance needs. Your auto insurance needs will vary based on the car you drive, where you live, and your comfort level with risk.
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverage will vary. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Collision insurance—This portion of your policy helps cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance—This portion of your policy covers damages unrelated to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
There may be additional coverages that will be necessary based on your situation. Be sure to ask DRD Insurance Agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
What Insurance Do I Need for My Electric Vehicle?
Owners of electric vehicles need auto insurance, but they may not need a special type of policy. But they may need higher policy limits to protect themselves against high financial losses after accidents, theft or other incidents. Call DRD Insurance Agency today to discuss your electric vehicle insurance needs.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Our agency is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your needs. Contact us today to start the conversation or get a quote.