Classic Car Insurance in La Habra, CA
Collecting, restoring and displaying classic automobiles can be exciting and lucrative. However, these vehicles represent significant financial investments that should be safeguarded with versatile and robust loss control measures. Without adequate classic car insurance, even the most experienced and meticulous classic car enthusiasts could incur devastating vehicle damages and financial losses from a slip of a hand, momentary lapse in attention or minute miscalculation.
How Does Classic Car Insurance Work?
As its name suggests, classic car insurance may provide an essential financial safety net for vintage, collectible antique and luxury vehicles. By purchasing a policy and maintaining coverage through your premiums, you can retain access to financial assistance that may be critical in limiting out-of-pocket costs and losses.
What Does Classic Car Insurance Cover?
In some ways, classic car insurance may function similarly to standard auto coverage, such as by including the following components:
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments (also known as MedPay) coverage
- Personal injury protection (also known as PIP) coverage
However, classic car insurance becomes essential for many vehicles and their owners due to additional features. Beyond the aforementioned coverages, an adequate classic car insurance policy may also address the following:
- Set value coverage—Vehicles insured under standard auto policies may depreciate in value over time, but classic car insurance may allow you to establish an agreed-upon cash value for your automobile that will not decrease over time.
- Custom maintenance coverage—With classic car insurance, you may enjoy access to specialty services, such as garages and body shops especially qualified to handle your vehicle. Parts and components specifically intended for your classic automobile may also be covered.
- Transportation assistance—If you require roadside assistance while enjoying your classic, antique, vintage or luxury vehicle, this coverage may help pay for it. Furthermore, this part of a classic car insurance policy may also fund specialized towing, such as between homes or auto shows.
How Do I Qualify for Classic Car Insurance?
Availability of classic car insurance may vary among insurance companies. Agents and brokers may have distinct requirements that a vehicle must meet to qualify for coverage. In many cases, the following may be considered:
- Vehicle value
- Annual mileage
- Vehicle uses (e.g., being displayed at trade shows)
- Storage conditions
- Owner’s driving records
How to Get Classic Car Insurance
While the details and availability of classic car insurance may vary depending on your unique circumstances, DRD Insurance Agency can help you understand your options and acquire optimal coverage. Contact us today to get started.